If you feel that Mother Earth School may be right for your child and would like to apply for the current or upcoming school year, please:
1.Read our website and parent handbook.
2.Fill out an Application for Enrollment and, if applicable, your tuition assistance form (form linked below) and mail along with your $25 application fee. We do require that the application and fee are received before reserving your space in a farm tour because that is the symbol of your commitment to attend the tour that you register for. We begin accepting applications on January 15th of each upcoming school year.
3.Attend a farm tour (farm tours are intended for children and parents) Once we receive your application we will contact you to arrange a farm tour, if all spaces are full you will receive an e-mail that you have been placed on the wait list.
After meeting each other at the farm tour, we all - the parents, teachers and children - need to have a strong sense that Mother Earth School is the right fit. A school administrator will contact you within a week of your farm tour to answer any remaining questions and then either invite you to enroll or discuss any concerns that have arisen. Upon accepting an invitation to enroll your child(ren) at Mother Earth School:
- You will be contacted within one week by the school administrator (via email) to schedule a contract signing at our school office. This contract signing if for adults only please.
- Your non-refundable $500 deposit is due at the time of contract signing. This is what holds your child's space in the class.
- Along with the contract, your paperwork will include:
- an agreement to support the school cooperatively by offering service hours to the school
- an emergency form
- a state immunization form. Please bring all medical insurance information and immunization records with you to your contract signing, including an official form from your doctor or naturopath or a Vaccine Education Certificate of Completion if your child is not fully immunized.
- Your child's space in the class will be officially reserved as soon as this paperwork is completed and the deposit check clears.
Your contract will indicate your yearly financial obligation to Mother Earth School. The $500 deposit will be applied toward this amount. You will also be given the option to choose to divide your yearly tuition into monthly payments for your convenience, due on the 15th of each month. Families who are able to pay the full tuition amount at the beginning of the year will receive a 3% discount.
You are agreeing to pay your tuition on time, with a $25 fee incurred for late payments. The contract also contains guidelines in the case that your child does not complete the entire school year with Mother Earth School.
By signing the enrollment contract, you are also indicating that you have read the parent handbook in its entirety. Due to the unique nature of our program, we need to ensure that parents are fully aware of how you are requested to support your child(ren) and teachers in this experience.
If you are enrolling mid-year, your deposit, tuition and supply fee will be prorated and the first week that your child attends school is on a trial basis in order to ensure that the group dynamic is beneficial for all.