Grades Teaching Assistant
Mother Earth School seeks Grades Teaching Assistant
Assistant will work alongside Lead Teacher in our mixed age 1st-3rd outdoor immersion class Tuesday-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm. Duties will include cooking and clean up in the outdoor kitchen, participating alongside the class and providing support to individuals or small groups of children who are working on projects or needing more specific guidance.
We seek someone who:
- Enjoys being outdoors in all types of weather and is familiar with our bioregion
- Is familiar with Waldorf Education and pursuing their own path of inner development
- Has experience working with children and holds them with reverence
- Is familiar with or willing to explore; mentoring through the art of questioning, deep nature connection and invisible schooling. (Jon Young’s work is a great resource)
- Has excellent communication, conflict resolution skills and celebrates diversity
- Gardening with permaculture or biodynamics
- Traditional craft or homestead skills, plant and animal identification etc.
- Foreign Language
- Experience working with special needs and sensory integration
- Movement Training- dance, martial arts, gymnastics etc.
- Musical talent
- Other unique passions that you would love to share with our community!
Explore our website to see if our school is a fit for you and then send your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org